Trailer goosebumps #1: Suicide Squad

13:21 0 Comments A+ a-





Great news for super-hero lovers! (It seems that super heroes are my blog theme, 'cause so far... yeah, well, it's not, you'll see). Suicide Squad first offical and complete trailer is OUT and it honestly looks GREAT! It looks in fact so great, that the only thing I belive this trailer will do is increase fan's expectations on the movie (expectations that where huge from the start, I should say).

And that's the problem isn't it?

We all here know DC, right? And, more important than that, we all here know how terribly BAD a DC movie can be (I mean, look at "Man of Steal"... on a second though, don't!). So, yeah, ALL of us should be afraid of what's coming up. The trailer looks awesome, indeed... The problem is... it looks TOO awesome.

At this point the only thought in my mind is how it seems like DC is really desperate (which they probably are), so they're going with everything they've got. I can even imagine how this trailer was made!

*Glance to a dark room where someone is sitting at a computer drinking coffe from a DC mug*
Boss: JOOOOOHN!

John: Yes, boss?
Boss: We have to make this fucking trailer, and it needs to be awesome! Find me all the explosion shots you can get!

*Ten minutes later*

Boss: Ok, now let's sprinkle some fun. Find the damn jokes, we need them all. Specially Harley Quinn's. She need to be crazy AND funny!
John: On it, Boss!

*Half an hour later*

Boss: That's it! There's only missing a good song, now!
John: Something MANLY! AC/DC, perhaps!
Boss: No way John! AC/DC is cool, but we need more, we need the best song ever, we need the HOLY GRAIL of songs... That's IT! WE NEED:

FUCKING BOHEMIAN RAPSODY!


If using Bohemian Rapsody as trailer song isn't an indication DC is trying too hard, I don't know what is. And the real problem is, if we notice the thing beyond how the trailer looks (and beyond goosebumps and shivers and heart attacks)... we may not be that well impressed:

1) They give us 90% of explosions, which is cool, but is also a sign thay may not have much more things to impress us with (and maybe not that many more explosions that the ones on the trailer as well);

2) They clearly wanted to make it look like Guardians of the Galaxy: villain edition. And that principle is great, except that's not what I want and not what I'm expecting from this movie. Which brings me to the...

3) ...humour. That is terrible. It's so clear they tried to make Marvel typical jokes... but this ones are just incredibly bland. I mean, look at Harley Quinn. Purse stealing? REALLY? Is this the best dark, quircky humour you can do? 'Cause it's SHIT!

4) Speaking about Harley... What has happened to her? 'Cause just by watching this, they seem to have made her a simple pretty lunatic. Is she eye candy? IS SHE, DC? 'CAUSE I WANT TO KNOW BEFORE I PAY TO WATCH THIS SHIT IF THE MAIN OF TWO SUICIDE GIRLS IS ONLY EYE CANDY.

5) Will Smith...I mean, the last movie I watched with him was After Earth, and that went...bad. Can you blame me for doubting?

So, for all these reasons I'm containing my excitement with this movie for the time being. Please check the trailer out and tell me what you think!